Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for the successful leadership and management of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values as set out by the Board in the organization’s strategic direction.
The Executive Director’s key accountabilities are to:
- Co-develop the strategic plan 2020-2025 for the Global Alliance with a focus on relevance and visibility, strengthening the GABV’s position of being the reference for values-bases banking.
- Implement the agreed-upon strategy through an operational plan which incorporates goals, objectives and measurable outcomes;
- Support the Board of Directors, informing the Board appropriately on internal and external issues affecting the organization and implementing the decisions of the Board fully;
- Ensure that in close cooperation with the Head of Operations (HO), the management of the Secretariat, is done in an efficient and effective manner, including the establishment of a positive, healthy work environment; The day-to-day operational responsibility is with the HO.
- Ensure that the GABV is a strong and vibrant organization, serving the members and partnering with other organizations;
- Engage with members and other stakeholders to keep them informed of the work of the organization and to identify changes in the communities and sectors served by the GABV;
- Represent the Global Alliance to its members, other stakeholders and the media, serving as a key public spokesperson; Strengthening the advocacy role of the Global Alliance significantly
- Oversees the risks to the organization’s people, finances and reputation and implement measures to mitigate risks; and
- Ensure the GABV is financially healthy by securing adequate funding for its operations and providing the Board with comprehensive, regular reports on the revenues and expenditures of the organization.
- Commitment to the values and mission of the GABV;
- Credible counterpart for CEOs of banks of various sizes and models;
- Excellent communication skills, especially public speaking and influencing; Able to organize and give content and strength to the advocacy role of the GABV
- Relevant academic degree or possessing relevant professional qualifications;
- 10+ years relevant working experience within the (values-based) banking sector; Has credibility in the global movement of banking and sustainability
- Familiar with the regulatory framework-dimension for banks;
- Inspirational leader with proven experience in leading professionals in a network like the GABV;
- Demonstrated working experience in a global setting;
- Strong communication skills in both verbal and written English. Being relatively fluent in Spanish is a positive attribute;
- Independent and critical thinker; and
- Prepared to be regularly (at least monthly for some days) in the GABV office in the Netherlands, and willing to travel extensively.