Limited Branch Lobby Reopening Begins June 15
Sunrise Banks will begin a limited reopening of its branch lobbies on Monday, June 15, as a way to better serve customers while still prioritizing safety during the COVID-19 pandemic.
During this reopening, our Washington, Blaisdell, Como and University branches will allow a limited number of customers into their lobbies depending on how many staff members are at each location. Drive-through services will continue to be offered at these locations, and our University and Blaisdell “walk-up” teller windows will still be an option.
Our Vandalia and Arcade branches remain closed.
Safety is our main priority. That’s why we’ve implemented the following guidelines to help keep Sunrise Banks employees and customers safe during this reopening:
- All Sunrise employees and customers must wear a facemask; while supplies last, we will be handing out facemasks to customers who need them
- Branch doors will remain locked during business hours; a Sunrise Banks employee will monitor the door at each location to greet customers, direct traffic and keep an eye on how many people are in the lobby at once
- Customer chairs in the lobbies will be moved to ensure social distancing and markings will be placed on the floor to keep customers a safe distance apart
- Branch staff will periodically wipe down teller counters, drive-up tubes, desks, door handles, and pens during the day.
- If lobby capacity has been reached, the employee monitoring the entrance will collect the name and phone number of customers wanting to enter a branch. A banker/teller will call them when they can enter.
Questions about the reopening can be directed to our main phone number: (651) 265-5600. Remember, too, that online banking remains an option for those who don’t feel comfortable coming into a branch.