October 6, 2016
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) named Sunrise Banks CEO, David Reiling, as Chair of its Community Bank Advisory Council (CBAC). Reiling will accept this position after having served as a vice chair for the council since 2015.
Per the Dodd-Frank Act, the purpose of the CFPB is to “supervise depository institutions and credit unions with total assets of more than $10 billion and their respective affiliates.” To ensure the “unique perspectives” of those depository institutions with less than $10 billion in assets are shared with the Bureau, the CFBP created the Community Bank Advisory Council. According to the Community Bank Advisory Council’s charter, this ensures that an “interactive dialogue and exchange of ideas and experiences between community bankers and Bureau staff” are shared.
In a recent address to the Council, CFPB Director, Richard Cordray, had this to say about the new appointments; “Thank you David Reiling for taking the chair, and Angela Beilke for serving as vice chair. Together we have had good discussion and sharing of perspectives and I look forward to what we can accomplish together today and in the future.”
“The CBAC is giving smaller community banks the ability and the voice to drive changes and innovation in banking on a national level,” says Reiling, “I’m honored to accept the position and its responsibilities.”
Reiling will be joined on the Community Bank Advisory Council by the following new appointees:
- Melissa A. Ballard, Vice President and Director, First Iowa State Bank, Albia, Iowa
- Menzo D. Case, President and Chief Executive Officer, Generations Bank, Seneca Falls, N.Y.
- Linda Feighery, Vice President and Community Reinvestment Act /Fair Lending Officer for Citywide Banks, Denver, Colo.
- Brenda K. Hughes, Senior Vice President and Director of Mortgage and Retail Lending, First Federal Savings Bank of Twin Falls, Twin Falls, Idaho
- Dion Kidd Johnson, President, Chief Operating Officer and Chief Risk Officer, Western Bank, Alamogordo, N.M.
- Cal Ratcliff, Senior Vice President, Chief Compliance Officer, Bank of North Carolina, High Point, N.C.
- Trent Sorbe, President, Central Payments Division, Central Bank of Kansas City, Kansas City, Mo.
About Sunrise Banks: Sunrise Banks, N.A., based in St. Paul, Minnesota, seeks to radically change the way urban communities and people thrive by empowering them to achieve financial wellness. Sunrise is certified by the U.S. Treasury as a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), a designation earned by approximately 100 banks nationwide. Sunrise Banks is also a member of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values, a public benefit corporation and is a certified B Corp for its demonstrated commitment to transparent corporate governance and positive community impact. Visit Sunrise Banks at SunriseBanks.com, on Twitter @SunriseBanks, or on Facebook. Member FDIC.